Commissions & workshops
I take commission for the following;
- fine art and illustration, including detailed drawings of cells, insects, and plants
- large-scale interactive ink pattern installations which can be drawn over/moved
- sciart workshops for family events, groups of scientists, and public galleries
- cartoon science illustration under the moniker Cartoon Neuron
I charge based on an hourly/day rate plus materials, overheads, and any travel, shipping & artwork preparation (eg framing and mounting.) My rate is based on the A-N Day Rates guidelines, and example prices are below.
- An A5 illustrative ink & pencil drawing of a fungi species - £110
- An A4 highly detailed decorative insect drawing in colour pencil - £250
- A set of four colour pencil print-ready A5 moth illustrations - £500
- A morse code ink drawing, encoding approx 400 characters (inc spaces) - £120
- A 2hr all-ages public workshop incl preparation, art materials, colouring/activity sheets, one microscope activity, & event delivery - £350
- A 1.5 metre square interactive ink pattern installation, including draw-over activity, and activity materials £1250
I also provide private sciart workshops and classes to scientists and institutions, at a day rate of £208 plus cost of workshop research & preparation, materials and travel.
Contact me for commission and workshop inquiries at imaginingscience(at)gmail(dot)com.